Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tresemme Platinum Strength Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Let's talk about my hair.

It's long. It's fine. It's oily on the roots and dry on the ends. It's colored from root to tip once every 6 to 8 weeks. And it's definitely damaged.
So when I heard so many people raving about this line of products, I had to run out and try them!

The Shampoo
 photo image_zpsb1c00fea.jpg

This shampoo makes the following promises: "This moisturizing formula cleanses as it fortifies, for hair with beautiful strength. When used with Platinum Strength Strengthening conditioner it repairs up to two years’ worth of damage in just 5 uses*, so hair stays smooth and healthy-looking."

This shampoo definitely gets my hair clean, I will say that much. I feel like it completely gets rid of any product build up, and also has strengthened my hair- I haven't noticed as much breakage since I started using this product.

 The Conditioner
 photo 975b14f6-b9e4-47d8-9175-d63cc8c424a5_zps0edeeab6.jpg

This conditioner makes the following promises: "This fortifying formula protects each strand against damage for beautifully moisturized hair that’s manageable and ready for styling. When used with Platinum Strength Strengthening Shampoo it repairs up to two years’ worth of damage in just 5 uses*, so hair stays touchable, soft and healthy-looking."

To me, the conditioner is the star of the show! It helps keep my super fine hair from getting super tangled, and along with the shampoo, I can tell it's strengthening and repairing some of the damage I've done with multiple uses.


The claim is that it repairs up to two years worth of damage in 5 uses. Okay, this is a little bit of an exaggeration, or at least it was for me. BUT, I did notice little differences here and there (not as much hair all over my counter and on the floor in the morning, less snagging and tangling, etc) within 5 uses, and after about 1/2 way through my shampoo bottle and about 1/4 of the way through the conditioner, I felt the claim held up! My hair feels healthier than it has in quite a few years.

I know some of you follow this blog and have seen some of the other things I've been using on my hair. But that's mainly work day stuff. On the weekends, I wash and go for the most part (unless I have something major going on). And on those days, my hair still feels soft, less tangled, and just overall looks very healthy. And stays clean LONGER. I do not notice oil building on my roots as fast when I'm using this shampoo, which is also a big deal, because I have very oily hair.

The other thing I love is that it didn't make my hair color fade. It does say color safe, but I never trust that labeling. But with this shampoo, my hair did not fade in the slightest. That's a huge check in the plus column!

I highly recommend this shampoo and conditioner combo, and will definitely be repurchasing!


FTC: I purchased these products with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment