Friday, August 1, 2014

Sally Beauty Supply Haul #1

I renewed my Sally Beauty Club Card last month, and with my renewal, I received $5.00 off a $5.00 purchase, which is the price of the card, so it's like the renewal was free. So I went in to Sally's at the end of July to check things out, and I'm so glad that I did!


 photo GVP1inchCeramicStraighteningIron_zps2df8924c.jpg

I have been needing a new flat iron for quite some time. I have one, but it's not that great, and hasn't been heating up properly for at least 6 months now. And I know the CHI is a great flat iron, but there's no way I could afford to spend that much money on a hair straightener when my hair is straight. I use a flat iron to make my hair sleeker, not straighter. But I had seen the GVP straighteners that are suppose to be the same thing as the CHI at Sallys. I have used a couple of their GVP products before (like shampoos and stuff), so I knew they were good stuff.

But they're also $59.99, or $54.99 with the club card. Which is still more than I was willing to spend. So I just figured it would be something I might find on sale at Christmastime, or I would just make due.


Then, at the end of July, I went to Sally's to spend my $5.00. I was just going to see if they had an OPI polish (they didn't), but noticed they had a bunch of straighteners and curling irons on a table. So I picked up this one, and it said reduced to $34.99. And in my head, I was subtracting $5.00 and figured that was about as much as I would spend on basically one similar what what I already have that I bought at Target, and then I noticed the sign. The sign that said everything on this table is an additional 50% off!
So, including my discount, I spent $12.99 on this straightener! Score!



And that's all I got- so my haul is only one item this time. But I definitely wanted to share! It seems like my Sally's does a lot of deals like this (it's right by the grocery store my husband and I frequent, and I'm always seeing deals written on signs posted on the door) that I don't also see online or in their catalogs, so it's definitely a good idea if you're really eyeballing an item there to check out your local Sally's to see if they're running a special. Because if I had not stopped in when I did, I would not have known they were on sale!

I will definitely do a review of this once I figure out the best way to go about doing that, and have a chance to use it for awhile. I'm excited to plus it in and see how it works!


FTC: This product was purchased by me with my own money. I am in no way affiliated with Sally Beauty Supply. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment