Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Life, July 2014

July 1st - July 5th
More unpacking fun! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be unpacking for the rest of my life! We still have a few boxes in our spare room that need to be sorted through, but for the most part, we're all done!
This weekend was the 4th of July, and I had the day off. My sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and nephew came up to visit from San Diego, so we all went over to my husband's Aunt and Uncle's house to celebrate the 4th with good food, beer, and fireworks. But OMG it was so hot! I think it got up to 106 that day. It was miserable, and we spent a fairly good portion of it either inside or in the shade. We also had a get together in my new house with my husband's dad's family (including Joe's stepsister and her family), where we ate pizza, vaped (Yep, vaping is a thing we do over here! Though I'm really not one to do it much at all, probably because I was never a smoker, but I'd rather be around that than cigarettes any day!), and just hung out together. Oh, and drank more beer (or wine, in my sister-in-law's case). We really enjoyed spending time with them, and we're planning on taking a weekend trip down to San Diego at the beginning of August. 
I finished My Real Children this week.



July 6th - July 12th
This was the week I realized I liked vacuuming... seriously! We had to buy a new vacuum, and went with the Shark Rotator Pro Complete Lift-Away Upright Vac (and yes, we did buy from Fingerhut!). It really got my really dirty floors totally clean, and sucked up everything! Our floors hadn't been vacuumed since we moved in on the 20th of June, so it was way overdue! 
I worked a lot of overtime this week at work, which is always good for the paycheck, but bad for the sleep schedule. I felt exhausted all week. 
My mom had been wanting to take me shopping to buy some kitchen essentials (like kitchen towels), so I drove down to Porterville, where she lives, after work on the 11th, and then on the 12th we drove up to the Tulare Outlet Center I ended up spending a lot of money at the Gap outlet shopping, because I realized I was going sailing at the beginning of August and really didn't own anything appropriate (I didn't even own a single pair of non-exercise shorts. Seriously.), but, luckily, my sis-in-law is a veteran, and helped me pick out some stuff via text pictures. I always send her pics when I'm shopping, especially if I'm alone. Even my husband helps me when we shop (and he really picks good things, too!). I also get really frustrated when trying on clothes, so it helps to have someone else that even is talking with me at the same time. It's not that I have a complicated figure to shop for, but I'm usually in between sizes and it's just a pain in the ass.
(If I remember, I'll take a picture to add to the blog. I realized that's what these posts are missing.)


July 13th - July 19th

More work, and overtime. I spent the beginning of the week combating some major cramps! I never got them as a teenager, so it really sucks. And the rest of the workweek was pretty boring-other than blogging and putting some books away, I really did nothing of interest until the weekend.
The morning of the 19th I went on a nice walk with my cousin, Michelle, and her daughter, Scarlet. And then that evening, my husband and I played Cards Against Humanity with my cousin, Jonalyn, and her fiance, Adam. We own all of the expansions, including the Bigger Blacker Box. We have quite a few games, but this one definitely has gotten the most use. My husband prefers to play with a smaller group of people, though. (You have to read cards, and he feels that after a certain number of people. the enthusiasm of reading the cards is lost.)


 photo F667E8D1-4D41-410C-959B-6AC1A66D3A83_zpscacuvmfu.jpg
(Our downstairs coat closet pretty much just has games in it.)
I finished reading The Second Summer of the Sisterhood this week.

July 20th - July 26th

My husband went to The Yardhouse for the first time this week! I have been several times, meeting up with friends for happy hour or dinner, and I'm glad he finally got to go. It's a really good restaurant, but their claim to fame is that they have over 100 beers on tap. And during happy hour, it's really reasonable to get a shorty or two to try a couple of different ones. 
I also got to meet up with a really good friend of mine for about an hour at Starbucks, which was great because I hadn't seen her since her wedding in March!
Over the weekend, I had some plans that got cancelled last minute, so my husband and I ended up going to dinner with our roommate at a restaurant called The Silver Dollar Hofbrau. Their pretty much known around town for their french dip sandwiches, but I'm not a big "dip" person, so I usually just get ham, but OMG it is tasty. And then our friend came over and hung out and we watched The Lego Movie.


July 27th - July 31st

On the 27th, my family had a birthday get together for my Grandpa, two of my aunts, and one of my cousins birthdays. It was outside, and it was hot. (Over 100 degrees). So the next day, I was in migraine city! It made work a whole lot of fun. I also worked more overtime this week- I am taking full advantage while I can, that is for sure! I also went through the last of my boxes that were left to organize and decide what to donate and what to keep, and all I have to say is this- parents keep stuff that their kids do not care about as adults. I threw away so many papers from my classes. I did get a really good laugh reading through mine and my husband's yearbooks, though.
Wednesday and Thursday were spent doing laundry and packing for our trip to San Diego! We are going over the 1st to the 4th.
This week I read Girls In Pants (the third Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book).



In retrospect, July was a pretty busy month filled with fun family times! Hopefully August will be as much fun, starting with San Diego and our sailing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment