Thursday, September 26, 2013

What's in my makeup bag? (As of September 26th, 2013)

Time to switch it up again, and not a moment too soon.
I had way too much going on in my last makeup bag, and needed to simplify a bit!


I decided to use the same eyeliners and primers as last time, with one addition- the Urban Decay Anti-Aging primer potion!

 photo urbandecayanti-agingprimerpotion_zpscc63262f.jpg
I got this sample with a purchase I made at Ulta (ran out of my favorite, must have setting spray- All Nighter), and so far, I'm enjoying it, and it may be comparable to my Too Faced Shadow Insurance! I'm not a fan, at all, of the original or sin formula of primer potion, so I am really surprised! I'm going to keep using it and will give a full review later!


For mascara, I decided to almost completely switch it up.

 photo toofacedlashgasmbaremineralslashdominationflawlessdefinitioncovergirlclumpcrusher_zps595dbf1f.jpg
As I have mentioned before, I LOVE Too Faced LashGASM. My friend Jeanette gave me the sample of Bare Minerals Lash Domination, and I'm still forming my opinions. Currently, I find it to be extremely wet and clumpy, but I've only used it three times. The Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and is even outranking the volumizing formula, which is one of my favorite mascaras ever. And, finally, the Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara, which I also really like.


For eyeshadows, I decided to use the Bare Minerals eyeshadows I received in my Bare Escentuals Beauty Surprise Collection Box. So far, I'm not super impressed with the pigmentation, but I haven't tried using them wet yet.

 photo baremineralspealsateensmokysagegraphite_zps98228c8e.jpg


I also pulled out my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette.

 photo nakedbasics_zps88a2839f.jpg
I plan on trying to recreate all of the looks on my Pinspiration post!

I decided to keep this out, too- this palette currently only contains Sin, but I plan on trying to pick up a couple more colors soon.

 photo urbandecaypalette_zps1e0edeef.jpg

And, lastly, I decided to break back out my NYX For Your Eyes Only Green Eyes palette. I definitely want to experiment with the green shades in this one.

 photo nyxbeautifulgreeneyespalette_zps60c1eb76.jpg


I also decided to break back out my color tattoos.

 photo colortattoobadtothebronze_zpsa6e4a55f.jpg
(Bad to the Bronze)

 photo maybellinecolortattoobarelybrandedinkedinpink_zpsda7134cd.jpg
(Barely Branded and Inked in Pink)

These are definitely key to a quick look when I just need to get out of the door- especially Bad to the Bronze. In 10 seconds, I can look completely pulled together.


For primer, I decided to use two of my faves - Pond Luminous BB+, and L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB.

 photo pondsbbcreamlorealbb_zpsb9e2994b.jpg

I put up a review on the Ponds BB+ Cream last week, and I have a review of the L'oreal one in the works. I love both of these products!

I also decided to break out one of my liquid foundations, since temperatures are cooling down.

 photo marykeytimewisefoundation_zps8a244ba0.jpg
This is the Mary Kay Timewise foundation. I'm not a huge fan of liquid foundation in general, and I'm still playing with this one, but so far I like it.


I also am going to use my Bare Minerals Original Foundation and Mineral Veil.

 photo baremineralsfairlylightoriginalmineralveil_zpsfe3bfa37.jpg
I'm so glad I got these in my Suprise Box- I've been without Bare Minerals for a long time, and even though I had convinced myself the L'oreal mineral powder is the same, it's not. It's a good substitute, but it is not the same.

Lastly, the only blush I decided to keep out- Avon Smooth Minerals in Rose Radiance.

 photo avonsmoothminerasroseradiance_zps2af392eb.jpg
I love this. I've had it for a really, really long time (see that 2009 sticker?? Yeah...) but it's just so pretty!


And that's it!

FTC: All products listed above were either purchased by me or given to me as a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment