Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Emmy Red Carpet 2013

I love award shows. Specifically, I love the Emmys, The Golden Globes, and the Oscars. I always watch the red carpet events, too! I even live tweet them over on my twitter (@ashimilie- link in the sidebar), if you're into that sort of thing.

I usually pin the looks I love on pinterest, and I've done that again this year, but I thought it would be fun to do a blog post on my favorite (and least favorite) looks, too!
You can find all my pins on my Red Carpet board.

In case you like more than just the fashion, here is a list of all of the winners!


Overall I'm a little underwhelmed by the choices. I'm by no means a "fashion expert", but I was expecting more.


By far, my favorite of the night was Tina Fey. She looks natural, the dress is a flattering cut and makes her looks beautiful, it's a perfect color... she got every single thing right.
 photo tfemmys2013_zps90328f39.jpg


Carrie Underwood looking super classy and understated. I am a firm believer that if it's not "your night" you should dress nice, but not overdone, and I think Carrie accomplished this.
 photo cuemmys2013_zps81049aac.jpg


Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad, love that blush skirt- so unexpected for fall! And it was the perfect dress to win in!
 photo agemmys2013_zps758432e4.jpg


Sofia Vergara from Modern Family, showing off her goods, as usual, in a mermaid dress, as usual. But she wears it so well, and looks great!
 photo svemmys2013_zpsee5e3f13.jpg


Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men in classic black and white. And I'm LOVING her hair!
 photo ememmys2013_zps8015779d.jpg


Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang Theory took a major risk with that burgundy make up and it paid off big time. She looks so sexy and stunning! I'm not usually a fan of the ruffles or cut outs, but something about this dress I just love!
 photo kcemmys2013_zps29b61a1b.jpg


Maria Menounos in a gorgeous midnight blue dress, and I am not one to love a statement necklace, but this one is gorgeous and she pulls it off!
 photo mmemmys2013_zps50f58b1a.jpg


Christina Hendricks from Mad Men. She is almost always one of my faves and one of the ones I look forward to seeing, and she almost never disappoints!
 photo chemmys2013_zpsd7eb8f79.jpg


Jane Lynch. I love a lady in a suit.
 photo jlemmys2013_zpsbbc6785c.jpg


One of the gorgeous couples of the night is Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt. I may be in the minority, but I love the "Hamm Beard".
 photo jhandjwemmys2013_zpsc561973b.jpg



Here are the looks that I just don't get.


Connie Britton from Nashville in what looks to be a very fancy window treatment.
 photo cbemmys2013_zps3e5592a6.png


Jessica Pare from Mad Men in a dress that is doing no favors to her. I am one of the few that actually likes her character in Mad Men, but I do not like this dress.
 photo jpemmys2013_zpsa4b7b4c0.jpg


Zosia Mamet from Girls. I just do not get the black band across the bust- it's so awkward! And I don't like the cut of the top in general. I think if it was just the skirt portion with a plain white top, or even the pattern continued as strapless, this would have been one of my favorites.
 photo zmemmys2013_zpse87c5f4e.jpg


Amanda Peet. I can't even say anything worse than  .... D:
 photo apemmys2013_zps4abdcb92.jpg



How did you guys like the Emmy's, and the fashions?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see Amanda Peet's dress until today, it is definitely my least fav too!

    ReplyDelete