Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This Month in Nails - August

Here is what I wore on my nails in August.

Orly in Rose Pixel
I bought this at the same time I bought Orly in Mysterious Curse (seen on this post), on sale. This is really similar to Sally Hansen in Time to Shine and Orly's own polish, Rage, but it is more rose gold, and also has some great big circle glitters. I will probably frequently wear this polish, so don't be surprised if it pops up again later!

 photo OrlyRosePixel_zps66d5337e.jpg

I just love how glittery and beautiful it is! I just want it to live on my nails!

 photo OrlyRosePixel2_zps6c3e24cc.jpg

I think this picture shows the bigger glitters better- you can see it at the top of the bottle.

Orly in Sparkling Garbage
This is one of those polishes that I just knew I had to have the minute I saw swatches coming out. For the color, and the name.  Do any of you get as obsessed about polish names as I do? I love a good creative name.

 photo OrlySparklingGarbage_zps4418f1bd.jpg

I cannot get over this polish! This is three coats, but it could have been opaque in two. I just kind of kept going- I was mesmerized by the sparkle!

And my ring finger nail is finally starting to grow out some. Yes!

Avon in Fusion

I used this nail polish last month, but I was looking for something a little more neutral to wear to my first day at my new job- even though I was pretty sure my new boss wouldn't mind a colored polish, you can never be too sure!
Sorry for the crappy picture- I forgot to take one and then as I was going to take it off, I remembered to snap a pic. It was already dark outside, so I couldn't take one in the sun.

 photo AvonFusion_zps582a3a23.jpg

As I stated in last month's post, this color was one of the first I bought when I really started to get into nail polish, and it is still one of my favorites. I just love Avon polishes!

Sally Hansen in Please Sea Me with an accent nail of Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

I received Please Sea Me in my Allure Fall Beauty Box, and I couldn't wait to use it! It is unlike any other blue I own, and I own quite a few blues!

 photo SallyHansenPleaseSeaMe_zps34b52ec0.jpg

 photo SallyHansenMermaidsTale_zpsae0696e6.jpg

I really like the color combo of these two, and will probably wear this again at some point. I still want to try Mermaid's Tale over black, as well.

Avon Coral Bikini with an accent nail of China Glaze It's a Trap-eze!

Coral Bikini is a polish that I really should have worn a lot more this summer- it is such a fun, bright color!

 photo avoncoralbikinichinaglazeitsatrap-eze_zps30003bb9.jpg


I made a mistake using It's a Trap-eze! as the accent nail. It didn't work as well as I had hoped it would. It was still cute and fun, but not what I was hoping for.

 photo chinaglazeitsatrap-ezeavoncoralbikini_zps8ced3a7c.jpg

As you can see, I had some major wear problems with this as well- this was taken two days after application. Overall, I was just not pleased with this combo.

Zoya in Aurora

This is probably my favorite polish that I own right now. It's purple, and it's sparkly. And it looks amazing on my nails!

 photo zoyaaurora_zps93a87638.jpg

It has a great formula, wears extremely well (like all of the Zoya polishes I own), and is so freaking beautiful I almost can't stand it.
If I was going to lose all but one of my nail polishes, this would be the one I would decide to keep.


Aurora took me right into the end of August! I'm already planning on trying out some simplish nail art for next month, so look out for that! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. These are all really pretty, but I think the Zoya is my favorite! I might need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete