Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

 photo AnnaAndTheFrenchKiss_StephaniePerkins_zps20d59225.jpg

Description from Goodreads
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Initial Thoughts
I'll be honest- I just want to read this book and the second book so I can get to the third book. It does sound like something I'll like, but when I found the third book on Goodreads, I knew I HAD to read it, and if I find out a book is part of a series, it feels weird to not start at Book #1. So hopefully this will be a good intro!
I also have never read anything by this author before, and I would love to read more new-to-me authors this year!


My Review
I absolutely adored this book! As I said above, I wasn't sure about it, and read it more to get through the first couple of books in this series, but I'm so glad I decided to start at the beginning!

It was a cute and quick read. I liked that the supporting characters were mostly fleshed out, though I wish I knew more about the relationship between Etienne and his parents. I also felt the end was a tad rushed, but since there was so much tension between Etienne and Anna throughout the story, I guess it was okay that once they were together, they were together.
But, overall, I loved that the characters seemed like real teenagers, and real teenage drama. The misunderstandings between Anna and her friend back home felt like things that happened with my own friends, and they felt organic. I didn't feel like the author was forcing me to believe anything that was happening- it just felt like I was following along.


I gave this book 4 stars on Goodreads, and I can't wait to see if the second book in the series entertains me as much as the first.


Disclosure: I borrowed this book from my local library. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment