Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Life, May 2014

This series is actually getting quite a few views (though not a lot of comments- don't be so shy!) so I've decided to keep on.
These are kind of "stream of consciousness" posts, so my apologizes for any rambling.

The biggest thing that happened this month is that my grandmother passed away. I talked about it a little in this post. She's the first grandparent I have that has passed away- I am fortunate enough to have been able to grow up with my full sets, including my "bonus" grandma, who is my step grandma on my mom's side. The grandma that passed away is my maternal grandmother. I spent a lot of time with her as a child, and she basically helped my mom raise my younger brother and I, and lived with us for years after my parents separated. So, in a way, it's very much like my mom passed away.
Something I haven't touched on at all is that I lost my father five years ago this year. It was a hard loss, to be sure, but I wasn't as close to my dad as I wish that I was, and there was so much left unsaid between us. With my grandma, I spent a lot of time with her growing up, and recently. She's the reason I love football and the Seahawks, so it's pretty special that this year they won the Superbowl- she got to see it with us! But when I think about her not being around come next football season, it's pretty upsetting to me.
I won't go on and on about this on my blog much more. But it is a profound loss in my life, and it is something I am struggling with greatly, and something I don't see myself really getting over. She was my grandma, a mom, and really one of my very best friends. I'm fortunate that I was with her when they made her comfortable at the hospital, and got to kiss her and tell her I love her, and one of the last things she said was that she loved me, too. And I'll always have that and cherish that forever.

I saw a couple of movies this month- The Amazing Spider Man 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past. I really loved both of them! There are seriously so many movies coming out this summer that I want to see. Godzilla and Neighbors both came out this month, and I haven't seen them yet but I really want to! I also want to see A Million Ways To Die in the West, and Maleficent.
As far as TV goes, the season finale of 2 Broke Girls was this month, and it was pretty good. The Arrow Season Finale was SO FREAKING AMAZING, even though they totally teased all of us "Olicity" fans. The Supernatural Finale... meh. I'm not a fan of the very end, but it will be interesting seeing where they take the show next season. And the Big Bang Theory Finale was pretty good.
I also finished rewatching Orange Is The New Black Season One, so I'm all ready for Season 2 that starts in June! And Sailor Moon came on Hulu so I've been pretty much about that, as well. I also started watching an anime on Netflix called Attack On Titan, and I'm still kind of getting into it so I'll probably get more into that next month.
Oh! My husband and I also watched the Jim Hensen's Creature Studio Challenge, and I was pretty much in love with it! I'm pretty happy with who won, and I loved seeing how everything was made.

For books, I read Orange is the New Black, re-read The Fault in our stars, read The King, and The Collector.

I didn't really get out and walk this month, but I'm going to try to change that going into the summer.


I am also thinking about posting recipes and stuff here on off days, as well. And my sister-in-law gave me a great idea for a new series, that will probably start after I get settled in my own space, so I can check lighting and all that. I'm really excited about it and already have a bunch of ideas on how to make it work!


I think that's pretty much it for May. Obviously a black cloud hung over May in a big way, and I'm hoping I can turn that into some sunshine next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment