Thursday, June 26, 2014
Birchbox June 2014 (or, the month I got two boxes)
My box spoilers were a couple of days late this month, but well worth it! I could not wait to get my hands on this box!
- Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect: I'm always into more hair products, especially ones that say they'll prep my hair and make it more manageable.
- Egyptian Magic Skin Cream: I've heard amazing things about this cream, and I'm really excited to try it out! I have really dry palms (It's basically like eczema), and it pretty much only happens in summer, so this is the perfect time for me to try this!
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain: Depending on the shade, this could be a major win! I was really impressed with the eyeliner I received in my April 2014 box, so I have expectations!
- nyakio Kenyan Coffee Face Polish: I'm always willing to give a new exfoliant a try! And it gets pretty good reviews on the birchbox site.
- nyakio Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub: I've never tried a body scrub before (though I have almost bought them several times).
- nyakio Hydrating Face Oil with Kola Nut: This is the only product I'm not super psyched to be getting.
- Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette Set: I really like the Coastal Scents brand, so I'm looking forward to this!
But then my box came, and the products were not at all what was listed in my spoilers.
For reference, this is a screenshot of my spoilers page:
And this is what I received (and the first blog pictures I took at my new house!):
It includes the COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face (which I received in my March 2014 birchbox), the Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion, the Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum, the Number 4 Hydrating Shampoo (and they also included the conditioner as a bonus), and the Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator.
Which, I'm going to be honest, I am not as excited about. I might have been if I'd had time to research and fall in love with them like I had the other products, but I opened this box and it was full of disappointment. I promptly emailed Birchbox Ops to let them know what had happened, and also jumped on the Birchbloggers facebook to see if this issue has come up previously. I also tweeted Birchbox Ops, because sometimes that helps get problems resolved faster.
I didn't have to wait long- Taylor from Birchbox Ops answered me rather quickly (I had a response the next day) and she said they would be getting a new box shipped to me. I also expressed concern about my points- I'm really good about reviewing all my products to get the 50 points per box, and she stated to me that if the products received in my new shipment were different than what is showing in my box online, then that will be updated so I can review the products. She assured me the products would be different, and she also stated that if they were unable to get a box shipped to me, I would be appropriately compensated.
I was a little skeptical about this- after all, I had already received completely different products than what was listed online and they didn't update automatically, but I figured they are sending me another box at their cost, and I don't have to return the one I got, so what was the harm!
As of drafting this post, I have not yet received my replacement box, but they did update my birchbox account to show the new products that I will be receiving, and here is what they are-
I am glad I'm still getting a Cynthia Rowley Beauty Stain, and the Evologe sounds interesting. The rest I don't know much about.
I'll have to do an individual review on all of these products some day, because I wasn't able to do my usual birchbox post since I didn't receive my box in time. Plus, with moving... well, I've been kind of busy!
If any of you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please click there and use my affiliate link! I receive points which I will exchange for products that I can review on this blog.
FTC: This box was purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are my own. All product descriptions were taken directly from the Birchbox card included in the box.
This post contains Amazon.com affiliate links and a birchbox affiliate link. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
The individual product links to the birchbox product page are not affiliate links.