Thursday, May 1, 2014

New Series: My Life, April 2014

I've been trying to think of a new series I can incorporate into my blog- since I got rid of my eye makeup series, I've been brainstorming a bit.

Now, my favorite bloggers are the bloggers that mainly talk about what their blog is about, but let you peek into their lives, just a little bit. I never set out to make this a personal blog (I have one of those on LiveJournal that I've had for years and I'm happy with it), but I would like you all to get to know me and my interests a little bit better. I think it makes it more fun, you know? So, here is my new series!




This month, I started walking as exercise. I haven't been exercising lately (in way longer than I care to admit, actually), but I like walking more than running (and it's easier on me), and I've really enjoyed it! I bought a really good pair of running shoes, the Brooks Ghost 6, and they make a huge difference! Before I got them, my legs were so sore. Good shoes really do make a difference!
I really want to start doing some toning exercises, and possibility start incorporating some light yoga into my routine, but I'm just trying to do a little at a time so I don't get too sore or overwhelmed.

My husband, brother, cousin, and myself saw Captain America: Winter Soldier, and I really enjoyed it! The Marvel movies keep getting better and better, and I'm really excited for the ones coming up! (Especially Guardians of the Galaxy.) I'm pretty into all the comic book movies coming out. I'm really, really excited for the new Amazing Spiderman 2 movie coming out! And The X-Men: Days of Future Past looks really good, too. 
I also saw The Other Woman with my friends Jeanette and Amanda. It was way better than I expected it to be, and I liked it a lot. 
There are seriously so many good movies coming out!

I read a few books (Concealed In Death, When Audrey Met Alice, and Don't Even Think About It), spent a good amount of time working on my blog, and played Neopets. (Oh, so that's something weird about me- I still play Neopets at least once or twice a week, and have had my account for 13 years. I've had periods of time where I haven't played for awhile, but I've been playing pretty consistently for the last 5 years or so.) 

I spent a lot of time with my little brother this month, and that's been really great. I love my little brother a lot and really like spending time with him. We don't get to often because we work on different schedules (I work a day shift, he works swing). I went on a really nice, 6 mile walk with he and his dog, and it was cool just to chat and walk. 

I feel like I watched a lot of TV this month. My husband and I have a "date night" of sorts on Wednesday to watch Arrow, which is one of our favorites, and typically watch Supernatural the same night. (I really, really miss them being on the same night!) 
The series finales of How I Met Your Mother and Being Human were this month. I'm still a little upset thinking about the HIMYM finale (Yes, I'm one of those people that was unhappy with it), but the Being Human finale was great! 
19 Kids and Counting and Mad Men came back this month as well, so those are back on my DVR. 
I also watched a few movies - Jobs (which was okay), Take This Waltz (which was also okay, and I saw way more of Michelle Williams and Sarah Silverman than I ever thought I would), and The Negotiator (my first time seeing it, and I really liked it), among others.

I had a day off on the 18th due to my office moving buildings, so that was really nice (I haven't had one since February), and I had my car detailed that day. My car is 6 years old, so I figured it was time. It turned out really good, and I wish I had it done sooner. I definitely will be doing it again in another couple of years!

I get migraines every so often (I was actually out of work for the better part of 2009 because of them), and got hit with one pretty hard towards the end of the month.

My husband and I are on track to start the home buying process at the end of next month! It's really exciting, and I'm a little nervous. But definitely looking forward to it.
I'll share what I'm comfortable sharing, but this entire process is new to the both of us so we're kind of learning as we go!


Hope you all had good Aprils, and I'm definitely looking forward to what May has in store (including my 2 year wedding anniversary with my husband)!

No comments:

Post a Comment