Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This Month In Nails - March 2014

KISS Gradiation EM0311 Step 1

Kiss Gradiation


Kiss Gradiation


This is from a set of "ombre" colors I got in the Rose Vox Box from Influenster. My nails are obviously shortish again... it's still a struggle! So I went on the light side. I did enjoy just this color by itself- I think if I put just this over a darker polish, it would be really pretty!



MAC in Stage Red


mac stage red


mac stage red


I picked up this polish at a CCO in Gilroy at the outlets. It is such a beautiful red, and I can't wait to put it on my toes this summer. The formula on this polish is really nice! I did use three coats, but I could have gotten away with two.

The swatches on this suck, I realize. I don't know where all those dings came from, or why I didn't notice it until after the pictures were already taken. This is clearly still a work in progress!


MAC Double Trouble with an accent nail of OPI In True Stefani Fashion


OPI In True Stefani Fashion


OPI In True Stefani Fashion


I also picked up Double Trouble from the CCO. I love that it's so dark, but it's still obviously a blue nail polish. And it's such a beautiful shade of blue! The formula was a dream, and this is two coats. I did pay full price ($12.50 each) for these mac polishes and I'm not sure I'll be purchasing again, but they were definitely worth every penny!

The OPI is so gorgeous- it sparkled as much as my wedding band! I think it definitely went well with this dark polish, and I'm excited to try it some more. The formula was a little thick, but I've noticed that to be par for the course with these dense glitter polishes. 


Zoya in Channing


Zoya in Channing


I love this color, but this formula was a little touchy to work with. I also got a nasty dent in my index finger nail. I definitely am going to be trying this out as a pedicure color soon, because I think it would look awesome on my toes. 



Urban Outfitters in Bohemian Summer

Urban Outfitters in Bohemian Summer

Urban Outfitter in Bohemian Summer 

I stopped by the mall the other day to kill some time, and Urban Outfitters had all their nail polishes on sale for $0.99! This is suppose to be a dupe for the Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Rockin Robin. This is the only one I picked up, but I really like it. The formula took three coats to get opaque. I think it's a great spring color, and the light blue is really flattering on my skin tone.


I did much better about painting my nails this month, and my nails are finally starting to get to a length I love. I am still having some problems with my cuticles and it's my goal in April to stop picking and taking better care of my hands in general.



FTC: Please see above for how polishes were received. Unless stated otherwise, they were purchased by me with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment