Wednesday, April 23, 2014

philosophy hope in a jar Review

 photo NBTTMarch2014_8_zps69d7b78f.jpg

Today I'm going to be reviewing philosophy's hope in a jar.

I received this sample of hope in a jar in my New Beauty Test Tube from March, and I decided that even though I wasn't super impressed with the night version (I used it for a couple of nights and got rid of it), I would still give this a try. And I'm so glad I did!

philosophy makes the following claims about hope in a jar on their website: our award-winning, original formula lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. this high-performing moisturizer contains lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid that helps remove surface dead skin cells, and beta-glucan to promote overall skin health by helping to strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential. hope in a jar dramatically improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.

As far as most of those claims go, I feel like this moisturizer covered them all. I used this sample morning and night for at least two weeks (I'm currently squeezing the life out of it to try and get as much out as possible), and have noticed a difference in my skin. It feels softer, it looks brighter, and really just looks healthier.
I did get a couple of breakouts while using this product, but it doesn't claim to fight acne, and I'm experiencing some hormonal fluctuations, so I can't quite attribute this product to that.
I also didn't notice this moisturizer making my already oily skin more oily. Which is nice, because usually something meant to be for dry skin can do that. 

I will say I may be in the minority, but I'm not a huge fan of the Hope in a Jar scent- it doesn't really do anything for me. It's not offensive by any means, it's just not my cup of tea. 


This is a little pricey for me, but I can definitely see picking up a little size of it when I have the extra cash just to have on hand for when I want my skin to look really, really good. I highly recommend this product!


You can purchase hope in a jar here.


FTC: This product was purchased by me with my own money as part of a subscription service. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment