Thursday, April 10, 2014

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Review

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Today I'm going to be reviewing the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. I was able to test out this product thanks to the March 2014 Birchbox.

My skin did not like this product at all. It was red and irritated by the third day & night combo I used it, which is a pretty good indication to me that a product is going to continue to do this and also not work for me.
I do have sensitive skin, so I try to look at ingredients and determine if a product contains ingredients that should really either only be used on my face once a day (usually I'll do night if that's the case, if I do happen to get a reaction), or not at all. I didn't notice anything at all that would cause my skin to become so irritated, so I didn't think I would have any issues.
This product also claims that it is good for sensitive skin and helps reduce redness, and I did not find this to be the case at all. Completely the opposite, in fact.
(For the record, I didn't use any facial cleansers during the testing of this product that I know can cause me minor irritation occasionally- I just stuck to tried and true stuff.)


And, as a quick aside to the review itself, I was extremely disappointed with the amount this sample contained- the package wasn't even half full, and I got six uses out of it. In a package this size, I should have been able to get at least a weeks worth of day and night use. But then again, after my 5th use, I noticed some irritation, which was confirmed after the sixth use, and this promptly went in the garbage (even though it barely had enough left for half of a 7th use). After reading through some reviews from other Birchbox recipients, this seems to be common. I'm not looking for much when it comes to a $10.00 sample box, but I do expect the samples I receive to be mostly full or all the way full.


Overall, I didn't like this product and won't be seeking to repurchase it. As far as the brand goes, I did like the texture of this product, and the smell. So I might be interested to try some other things by them for down the line. Just not this product again.



FTC: I received this product as part of a Birchbox, which I pay for with my own money. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment