Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Life, June 2014

I'm going to try something different with this month's My Life update- separate by week!


June 1st - June 7th, 2014
This week I worked all week (and got in a few OT hours, which is always nice on the paycheck!).
My husband and I also, for personal and financial reasons, have decided to put off buying a house for a while and rent. So this week, I went to an open house and found a rental! We are renting with a good friend of ours, and I'm really excited about it. It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home, and the master bath has both a shower and a sunken tub, as well as a walk-in closet. I'm definitely excited to test out that bath with some fun bath stuff, and will definitely do reviews. I also have a few ideas for my makeup storage and set up that I'l post all about once I get settled and am able.
One of my cousins surprised us this week by showing up at my grandparent's with her kids from Hawaii! They might be moving back soon (her husband is in the army), but they've been gone on and off for two years, so it's really nice to know she may be coming home soon. I went to dinner with her and her sister to Olive Garden, and it's been so long since I've been there that I ate practically my whole dinner (usually I get at least two to three meals out of one bowl of pasta from there).
And also, this week.... Orange is the New Black Season 2 came out! I spent pretty much the whole weekend watching, and I finished it. And holy shit, that ending! I laughed and clapped. It was great.
This week for books I read The Collector. I didn't read as much as I wanted to, and actually had to turn in this book late to the library (which I hate doing!).

June 8th - June 14th, 2014
The 8th was my husband's birthday, but he didn't really want to do anything (he's not all about his birthday), so we just did our normal Sunday routine which is grocery shopping, laundry, and vegging out.
I worked on my blog a lot this week because we found out we are officially getting the keys to our rental on the 20th so I want to try and get as many blog posts ready as possible in case we have internet issues or if I'm just too tired to post.
I saw The Fault in our Stars with my friend Jeanette on Wednesday. It was incredible, such an amazing adaptation, and it really kept in everything I hoped it would. I also woke up the next morning really puffy because of all the crying.
I got my hair trimmed Friday.
I went to a coworker's daughter's high school graduation party on Saturday.
Sunday was father's day, and I spent it with my father-in-law.
I read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants this week. I have never read it but love the movies, and want to read the most recent one, so I figured I might as well start from the beginning!


June 15th - June 21st, 2014
WE GOT OUR KEYS THIS WEEK!
We also did the walk-thru, got our lease signed, and all that other unfun stuff. Ahhhhh my own place!
We pretty much packed all week after work (we don't have much stuff at my in-laws, but enough that we had to get boxes and pack it away for the trip across town), and I took Friday off to get the keys and get some of our things over there. Then we pretty much moved stuff all weekend, and unpacked, and shopped for stuff for our place.


June 22nd - June 28th, 2014
We got our cable and internet installed this week! Which meant that I could resume blogging!
We also got our things out of storage, so all of my books, and our wedding gifts, are now back in my possession! Hooray! Some of these things I haven't seen since 2008 when they were originally put into storage, so it's nice to finally have them back.
This was also the week that I discovered that rentals aren't always what they seem, and sometimes you have to call your property management about outlets that don't work. Or light switches where the switches don't stay up. Or spiders that are coming out of God-only-knows where, and you are deathly afraid of them. But, they were very quick to respond and I'm still so happy to be here!
I saw the new Transformers movie with my husband, my roommate, and a friend of ours, and I really enjoyed it! It was darker than the last three, and even though it was three hours, it didn't seem overly long. Was it world class, Oscar-worthy cinema? Of course not. But it was a great summer action flick, and since my husband is a huge fan of the franchise, I've sort of inherited his love for it.

June 29th - June 30th, 2014
Sunday was basically just unpacking, grocery shopping, and laundry day, and Monday was work, and more unpacking and organizing. Looking around my house and seeing all the stuff that we still need gets a little overwhelming, but I know it will come together soon!


This month ended up being a lot better than last month. My husband and I are finally in our own space, and slowly getting settled in. I celebrated my One Year Blog Anniversary, and have a lot of fun things planned for the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment