Thursday, July 17, 2014

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette Review

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Today I'm going to be reviewing the Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette.
(Palette provided by Birchbloggers.)

Jouer  Blushing Beauty Palette

I'm going to be honest- I hadn't heard much about Jouer, but what I have heard has been positive, and since I won the palette in a Birchbloggers contest, that made it all the better. This is a $58.00 palette!
(FYI- the way Birchbloggers contests work is they send an email out and you tweet certain things (like you would like to review this palette), and you tag birchbox and the brand, and then they pick the winners).
This is the second contest I've won through Birchbloggers (the book I reviewed earlier in the week was also from them), and I feel very fortunate!

This palette comes with four separate pieces- eyes, face, tint & highlighter, and lip gloss.

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Chocolate and Peach Powder Eyeshadow Duo

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

The swatches of the Chocolate shade actually come off much more pigmented than they do on a brush, but I really like both of the colors! They're very natural, perfect for a no makeup look. They also recommend using the Chocolate shade wet as a liner.  The Peach shade looks just gorgeous on.

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Whisper Tint & Feather Highlighter Duo

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

I'm one of those that gets very nervous to wear cream anything, but these are so easy to apply! The Whisper tint is just the perfect hint of color for my fair skin, and the highlighter goes on just right. And they stayed all day, even in the 100 degree weather we've been experiencing (and I was actually shopping out in it the day I tried this, and wasn't wearing any kind of face primer).

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Sheer Matte Powder Bronzer Duo

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

I only swatched the bronzer, because the sheer matte powder is just that- sheer. It does help with oil control, and I can definitely see tossing it in a very small bag for a touch up. The bronzer is a really good shade for my skin tone, and worked really well for contouring. I used this the same day I used the Whisper Tint, and they complemented each other very well.

 photo Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Cherish Moisturizing Lip Gloss

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

This lipgloss is super moisturizing, and not at all sticky. And it's also a really great "my lips but better" gloss. This is definitely staying in any purse I carry all the time.

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Finally, the thing I really like about this is that it's customizable- you can move the pieces around to what is best for you. You just use the grooves on the side of the palette to determine the best way.

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

There are also these slots in the back that you can put together the pieces with as well.

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette

See? You can actually put the other square on top, so it makes the palette super compact, and travel friendly!


I am super impressed with this palette overall, and am definitely going to look into trying more Jouer products!
This would be the perfect palette to buy someone that doesn't have a lot of makeup, but is looking for a more natural look. It would also be really good for a beginner- I know I would have loved something like this in my first years of using makeup, because it's practically fool-proof, and is really high quality.


You can buy your own Jouer Blushing Beauty Palette from JouerCosmetics.com.

FTC: I received this book as part of a birchbloggers contest. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment