Thank you to Allie from Buttons and Bees for nominating me for a Liebster Award!
My understanding of this award is that bloggers with fewer than 200 followers can nominate each other for the award, and you continue paying it forward- so more of us can see each other and connect to others in our little blog corners of the world!
It works like this:
1. The nominee posts 11 Facts about himself/herself
2. The nominee answers 11 Questions posed by the nominator
3. The nominee nominates 11 small blogs and poses 11 questions to their authors
So without further ado...
11 Facts About Me
1. I've been with my husband for 9 years and we've been married almost 2. We are currently saving up money to buy our first home, and hopefully soon after, we will be starting our family! (I'll probably post more stuff about that as it gets closer to time.) It's a cliche to say so, but he really is my best friend and one of my favorite people in the world.
2. One of my favorite things to do is thrift shop. I love hunting and finding the perfect piece!
3. The beauty product I am absolutely hopeless with? False Eyelashes. I really need to practice more, but I always end up needing someone else to do them for me if I want to wear them.
4. I'm also not great at doing my own hair, and it's only thanks to a curling wand that I actually curl my hair anymore!
5. I'm extremely close to a lot of my extended family, and was lucky enough to not only be born with a full set of grandparents on both sides, but blessed enough to still have all of them with me. I was also born with two great grandmothers that I loved dearly (and one I lived with for a time!).
6. I have recently realized I spend far too much time on social media, and am trying to find the best balance for my life. I am also trying harder to be more present in the company of friends (meaning- not looking at my phone while at dinner or out with them).
7. I'm the kind of person that is perfectly fine staying in on a weekend night. I do love going out, but mostly I don't like the hassle or the crowds. And the amount of money!
8. I love board games. I'm a huge fan of Tabletop on the Geek & Sundry channel on YouTube, and my husband and I probably own close to thirty games now.
9. I also love going to the movies. I would go to the movie theater every day if i could. (I will see any kind of movie except the Horror genre- I don't really like scary movies.)
10. I own over 60 bottles of nail polish- I'm a little obsessed!
11. I started reading at the age of 4 1/2, and haven't stopped since!
Here are the questions I received from Allie-
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted a creative outlet- I was tired of just sitting around at home after work and not really doing anything but wasting a lot of time. I've always loved beauty, and books, so I found a way I could combine them both. And, luckily, it seems like people are reading the posts equally! So thank you!
2. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose and why?
Honestly, right now my husband and I both really want a dog. But that has to wait until we are in our own home, and hopefully my cat (who currently is staying with my mother), will be able to adjust to the idea!
3. In a movie about your life, who would be cast as you?
This is such a good question, and one I have no clue how to answer! I would hope it would be someone like Emma Stone or Natalie Portman- they can do comedy and drama and in my life, there is both!
4. What is your #1 guilty pleasure food? You know it's bad, and that makes it soooo good!
Pretty much any kind of carb. I could never go no carbs- I'd give up meat before that!
5. What is your best color?
I get the most compliments when I'm wearing jewel tones, and feel the best when I'm wearing them, also.
6. What motivates or inspires you?
Everyone that is currently in my life motivates or inspires me to either be as good a person as them, or be a better person than they are. (Not everyone is a good influence, so it's learning from them and being motivated to better yourself.) For inspiration, I draw from so many people, but mainly my grandmothers- they are both amazing women in their own way, and inspire me so much to be a better person myself.
7. On the other hand...what relaxes you?
Reading fully relaxes me- it sucks me into another world completely so I forgot about everything else for just a little bit.
8. Fill in the blank: I need _____________ every single day.
a Coke. I'm addicted. I know it's not great for you, but going back to the answer for #4- I would actually give up carbs before I give up my Coca-Cola! I tried to give it up once upon a time, and did pretty well for about a month, but overall I just love it too much! But I do try to limit to once a day, or drink equal amounts water for every one I drink.
9. What is your go-to dish when you need to bring something yummy to a party?
I'm honestly not much of a cook, but it's something I want to get better at, and hope to!
10. What are you favorite books (or genres of books) or magazines?
I love Young Adult novels, and "female" centric books. As far as magazines, I love political, entertainment, and women's.
11. What makes you feel "put together?"
I feel most put together in a nice shirt, a sweater, and a good pair of flats. And mascara!
If Allie didn't nominate me, I would have nominated her!
The other person I would like to nominate is Dakota from Dakota's Beauty Blog. I follow her twitter, as well, and I get a lot of really good tips from her.
Both girls write extremely well, and are thorough, which I really like!
I'm a little disappointed I don't seem to follow more "small" blogs, because I feel like I get the best, unbiased information. Time to start finding more and connecting!
My questions are-
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite beauty product (if you had to choose just one!)?
3. What do you wear to feel most confident?
4. What is your favorite app on your phone?
5. Who is the person in your life that inspires you most?
6. If you have a day job, what do you do, and is it a life's passion?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. What would be your choice for a "last meal"?
9. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
10. If you could add any one piece to your wardrobe, what would it be?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
Thanks again, Allie!