Thursday, January 2, 2014

This Month in Nails - December 2013

I think my nails are sufficiently grown out enough to post pics... but I didn't paint my nails much. Here's what I got.


OPI in Kiss Me At Midnight with an accent nail of It's Frosty Outside


 photo opiifokmam122213pt2_zps0cd1bfee.jpg
(with flash)

 photo opiifokmam122213_zps0a1d1e9b.jpg
(without flash)

These are two colors from this year's Mariah Carey holiday collection and they are also both Liquid Sand colors. This is my first time ever trying Liquid Sand, and I'm actually really impressed! I didn't know what I thought the texture would feel like, but I was convinced it would be scratchy or catch on my clothes or something, and that simply isn't the case. I like that it's sparkly but also matte. They're both just gorgeous colors!
This also removed a lot easier than I anticipated- I had less trouble then I do with standard glitter polishes. I was extremely impressed!


Butter London in Jack the Lad

 photo 123013butterlondon_jackthelad_zps0704728f.jpg
 photo 123013butterlondon_jackthelad2_zps959daf71.jpg

My friend Jeanette gave me this and another Butter London polish for Christmas, and they are my two firsts. I don't do much for New Year's Eve (my friends and I just hang out and watch Star Wars), but this is my New Years mani. Overall, I wasn't super impressed with the formula of this polish, and this is two coats but I feel like I probably should have used three. For the price you pay for a bottle of this, I expected to be wowed by it. But it was on par with pretty much every other polish I own that is a little tricky to work with.


FTC: OPI polishes and the Butter London polish were Christmas gifts. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment