Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag? (as of August 27th, 2013)

Time to switch it up again!

For my eyebrows, I am using the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder.

 photo NYXEyeBrowCakePowderBlonde_zps81dbb229.jpg

This is pretty much the only brow product I own, but I keep showing it just in case I decide to switch it up, or in case you haven't seen my makeup collection posts before. This is in Blonde.


For my face, I am still using my BB Creams, minus the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. A review on that will be up tomorrow. I am going to be using the Too Faced Beauty Balm, the Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream, the Ponds Luminous Finish BB+ Cream, and the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB.

 photo TooFacedBeautyBalm_RevlonPhotoReadyBBCream_PondsLuminousFinishBBCream_LorealMagicSkinBeautifierBB_zps81c27db4.jpg

I still haven't quite used up my Too Faced Beauty Balm, so I need to try to do that. I'm trying to use up some of my products! And I'm almost out of that tube of the L'oreal BB Cream, but I have another full tube in my makeup case, because I love it so much.

 photo LorealMagicPerfectingBase_LorealTrueMatchNaturaleGentleMineralMakeup_zps946c4806.jpg

I am also going to throw in my bag the L'oreal Magic Perfecting Base, for those days I do not want to use a BB Cream. I am okay with this primer, but I think once it's gone I will be looking to try something else.
And my everyday foundation is the L'oreal True Match powder. This is a nice alternative to Bare Minerals, and I've really enjoyed the coverage it gives me.

For blush, I decided to break out my tried-and-true, Ulta Cheeks in Exposed.

 photo UltaExposed_zps30b02200.jpg

I obviously love this product- do you see that pan?! This blush has a pretty subtle shimmer, and the color is great for me.


And for my eyes, I've decided to use some of my higher-end products.

I bought this palette because I knew I wanted to eventually get a couple more Urban Decay eyeshadow singles, but for now, I only have Sin.

 photo UrbanDecaySin_zps54bf93eb.jpg

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow colors of all time. I absolutely live for this color. It is the perfect color for my skin tone. As you can see, I still only have one, but soon I will be getting more singles, when I can settle on the colors.

Next I decided to use my Lorac Pro Palette.

 photo LoracProPalette_zps11c82c21.jpg

I have written a complete review on this palette that you can see here, and I have posted some Pinspiration for this palette here. It is probably my favorite palette at the moment, and I'm not quite sure how I've gone so long without using it. I probably won't do that again!

I also decided to use my Urban Decay Naked Palette.

 photo UrbanDecayNakedPalette_zps995e5b40.jpg

I did put their shade Sin in with this round of my makeup bag, but there's a reason for that- the Sin in this palette is very, very low. I tried to illustrate in the picture below how low, and you may be able to tell by looking at the shade beyond.

 photo UrbanDecayNakedPaletteByeByeSin_zps04a7d561.jpg

This is another favorite palette of mine, and I also have done a complete Pinspiration post on how to use it.

I have been really loving the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.

 photo MaybellineColorTattooBadToTheBronze_zpscfccf27b.jpg

I recommend everyone get this shade. It's so wearable!

I also decided to break out a few of my Geek Chic shadows!

 photo GeekChicSuperneutrals_TheRighteousMan_TheTrickster_Baby_zps2283329b.jpg

I really love this brand, and I love these eyeshadows. I chose the shades The Righteous Man, The Trickster, and Baby. There will be a complete review of this collection up on the blog on this Thursday, August 29th.

I mostly kept the same eyeliners I used last time

 photo eyeliners082713_zpsdc9457c2.jpg

Only my new baby, the Pixi Eye Bright Liner, is included! I am really loving this! It is quite a bit more subtle than the Tarte EmphasEYES, but still makes me look more awake. I get up early in the morning (5am, and maybe earlier coming up pretty soon, because of work), so it's nice that this one little product can make me look like I get more sleep.

I still want to play with the Laura Geller Eye Spackle in Mauve Majesty, especially now that I have my Lorac Pro Palette out to use, so I put that in there, along with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.

 photo LauraGellerWaterproofEyeSpackleHuesMauveMajesty_NYXJumboEyePencilMilk_zps0dba0638.jpg

I also need a primer on pretty much a regular basis, and as I've stated before, Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my holy grail eye primer. I also decided to break back out the Lorac Eye Primer.

 photo LoracEyePrimer_TooFacedShadowInsurance_zps26d0ff9c.jpg

My eyelids are pretty oily, so an eye primer is a must to keep my shadow looking great all day.

And last, but certainly not least, mascara. Because when you don't wear it, your look just doesn't look finished!

 photo Mascaras082713_zpsfe3dee30.jpg

I am still forming a definite opinion on the Mally mascara, but as it dries out, I am really loving it more and more! All the others are ones that I really like (I'm coming around on Benefit's They're Real- another case where it's starting to get drier and I'm really liking it!), except the Maybelline The Falsie's Big Eyes. This has a wand that you use for your upper lashes, and a wand for your lower lashes. I purchased this a couple of weeks ago, and so far I really like it, especially the teeny wand for the lower lashes. I also purchased the waterproof formula, because my eyes can get watery.


That's what's in my makeup bag for now! I am going to use these products until September 26th, when I switch it up again!


FTC: All products mentioned in the above post were either purchased by me, or given to me as a gift from a friend or relative. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment