Friday, June 28, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!


First things first, this is me:


 photo null_zps6326e67b.png
(gotta love instagram!)

My name is Ashley. I'm 28 as of the date of this post, I'm married to my husband of just over 1 year (we've been together 8 1/2). I love a lot of things. But my main obsessions are reading, television, movies, and beauty.

Which brings me to why I started this blog:

I adore talking about Books and Beauty. Hence, the title of my blog. I thought it was a fun play (okay, and maybe a little dorky, which also says a lot about me!) on this idea of talking about the things I love the most. You can only tweet, instagram, and facebook so much! I want an outlet to talk about the things I love, which is why I created this blog.

My thoughts are that I will mainly talk about books and beauty. However, I may occasionally post about other things. My overall plans for posts include
  • Book Reviews and Recommendations
  • Product Reviews
  • Weekly Wishlist (not something I have yet, but something I'm wanting to add to my collection)
  • Pinspiration (a possible weekly wrap up of all things that are inspiring me on Pinterest)
  • Monthly Favorites (Once a month wrap up of what I've been loving lately)
  • A Little Something Different (Things other than what the blog is mainly about, won't post these very often but every one in awhile to change things up!)
  • Red Carpet Loves and Hates (what I'm loving from the Red Carpet!)
And, of course, others as I come up with them!

My promise to my readers is that I will always be honest. If I put a review out, I will tell you my honest opinions, whether I get something for free (through Influenster, BzzAgent, or a company) or if I buy it with my own money. I will always disclose FTC at the end of every post. The worst thing is reading a blog and not being sure if it is factual or not, and you can always count on me to do so.

Thanks for coming along on this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment